Day 3 - Wednesday August 5
Editor's Note: We are not going to Sioux Falls, SD. We are going to Sioux City, Iowa. Doh!
Random Observation From Randy: Well, I knew it was Sioux something.
Also: I forgot to give the counts from yesterday, so here goes:
Wildfire warnings - 0
One lane roads - 0
Before we left Minnesota, we stopped for breakfast at Park Cafe in Saint Paul Park, Minnesota.
It doesn't look like much, but the biscuits and gravy lived up to Randy's standards. So, all good!
Yes, we are indeed heading across Minnesota and into Iowa for an American Association game between the Sioux City Explorers and the Lake County Dock Hounds. The Dock Hounds are out of Oconomowoc, Wisconsin. The American Association League is an independent League, meaning their teams are not affiliated with Major League Baseball.
The Explorers were down 4-1 in the bottom of the sixth, but exploded for 5 runs to take a 6-4 lead. I can't vouch for the final score because we left early. The game was at the three hour mark and it wasn't even in the eighth inning yet. I'll let you know when I find out.
Nonetheless, here are some pictures from Lewis and Clark Park:
Press box behind home plate.
Left field.
Right field.
Center field scoreboard.
Slider, the Explorers' mascot. He took no pictures with the fans. Big-timed us.
From behind home plate.
Stadium entrance.
Me waiting twenty minutes for a brat and chicken strips.
Favorite town name: Buttercup, MN.
Favorite signs: Lost Sanity Brewing Co.
5,000 Guns! Turn here!
Guaranteed Bat Removal
Worry-free Water!
Random Observation From Randy: That's another reason I don't like the suburbs... all those creepy roads.
Wildfire Warnings - 0
One lane roads - 1
Next: Montana.









No comments:
Post a Comment