The Baseball Trip 2026
Day 14 - Sunday, August 16
We are about to leave our motel in Salina, Utah, when we noticed a carving along the frontage road:
We figured it was a sculpture of a Native American warrior, but we wanted more info.
There is more to the story. I could have put the following information in my own words, but you'd probably guess where I found it: The concrete sculpture in the Salina/Scenic Hills Area in Salina, Utah, is a stylized Native American figure locally associated with Chief Black Hawk (namesake of the nearby Blackhawk Arena). Originally sculpted in 1974 as an Egyptian slave holding a cup, the roadside giant was modified around 2003–2004 into its current form.
What?
Anyway, we are heading to Arches National Park. This should be the National Parks Trip because we are about to travel through our 3rd one before our 3rd MLB ballpark!
First, Breakfast at The Mountain Peak Cafe:
On the way: (I think Randy still had some mountain pictures left in him.)
In the park:
Petrified Sands.
Pothole Arch (middle distance).
Delicate Arch.
On the way east to Denver:
Following the Colorado River eastward.
Favorite Town Names: Mack, CO
Sulphur, CO
Fruita, CO
Favorite Signs: Sinbad Rd.
Goblin Canyon
Randy: Their coffee was really good.
Me: I was just going to say that!
Random Observation from Randy: Well, we're probably the same person.
Um, okay.
Fire Hazard Signs - 2
One Lane Highways - 1
Next: Denver and the Colorado Rockies vs. LA Dodgers.

















No comments:
Post a Comment