Wednesday, August 19, 2026

The Baseball Trip 2026

Day 16 - Tuesday, August 18

This guy was hanging out in front of our car as we left the motel this morning:


We had to take the only exception to the no chain restaurants rule, because there was no other option: We had breakfast at Waffle House.

We are rolling east toward Herrington, Kansas to visit with Randy's sister, Karen, and his niece, Carrie. They have generously invited us to stay the night.

Random Observation from Randy: I've got the motel covered tonight.

Traveling through eastern Colorado and Western Kansas is no picnic. This is what we saw, for seven straight hours. Literally.


So, not much going on.

We arrived at Karen's place and were welcomed with a delicious dinner of chicken and wild rice with Italian green beans. Carrie set us up with wi-fi and had set the Cubs/Sox game on delay so we could watch the entire game. That's about all I have for you...pretty uneventful.

Random Observation from Randy: I always follow directions. Otherwise I'll have to face my mother in heaven.

Favorite Town Name: Hugo, CO.

                                      Kit Carson, CO.

Favorite Sign: Running Spring

Things we cannot hang around for: Elizabeth Brewfest, Elizabeth, CO.

Fire Hazard Sign - 0

One Lane Highway - 0

Next: Not sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment